Some were surprised to learn that young Facebook users -the folks who are most implicated in the game of “mass exhibitionism” and living in public- are also the ones who are most involved with privacy online. Some have described this as contradictory and counter-intuitive – are kids exhibitionists or not? The findings are not contradictory and the larger point goes well beyond kids, but indicates a general rule of privacy and publicity: the degree to which one is involved in...
- Politics of DisinformationPOLITICS OF DISINFORMATIONDiscover a comprehensive exploration of the underlying theories of disinformation, and their impact, from leading voices in the fieldPolitics of Disinformation delivers a thorough discussion of the overwhelming problem of modern fake news in the political arena. The book reviews fundamental theoretical concepts of disinformation and analyzes the impact of new techniques […]Guillermo Lopez-Garcia (Editor), Dolors Palau-Sampio (Editor), Bella Palomo (Editor), Eva Campos-Dominguez (Editor), Pere Masip (Editor)
- American Politics and Society, 10th EditionProvides an up-to-date introduction and analysis of the US political scene written from a comparative perspective, newly revised and updated throughoutAmerican Politics and Society in an accessible introduction to the main institutions of the US federal government, discussing the most recent developments in broader economic, social, and comparative contexts. Now in its tenth edition, […]David McKay
- Globalization: A Basic Text, 3rd EditionAn accessible and comprehensive introduction to key concepts in globalization written by leading authors in the field In the comprehensively revised Third Edition of Globalization: A Basic Text, distinguished researchers and authors George Ritzer and Paul Dean deliver an up-to-date introduction to major trends and topics related to the study of globalization. The book includes accessible and rigorous material on the key theories and major topics […]George Ritzer, Paul Dean
- The State and My Happiness: Youth Mental Health, Citizenship Education, and Discursive Contestations in Contemporary Indonesia
- Can you hear me? Two researchers’ perspectives on children’s rights, participation and voice
- Young children at street protests
- Sociology Compass is Growing!
- LGBTQIA+ youth in out-of-home care: The rain and the rainbow
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.