- Words Derived from Old Norse in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight: An Etymological Survey, Volume 1The most rigorous description ever undertaken of the Scandinavian influence on the vocabulary of a major Middle English text, and a new model for the collection and analysis of Norse loans in any English source. Read More...Richard Dance
- Climate and Society, Transforming the FutureThis bold and important new book presents current and emerging thinking on the social dimensions of climate change. Using clear language and powerful examples, it introduces key concepts and frameworks for understanding the multifaceted connections between climate and society.Robin Leichenko and Karen O’Brien frame climate change as a social issue that calls for integrative […]Robin Leichenko, Karen O'Brien
- Race After Technology: Abolitionist Tools for the New Jim CodeFrom everyday apps to complex algorithms, Ruha Benjamin cuts through tech-industry hype to understand how emerging technologies can reinforce White supremacy and deepen social inequity.Benjamin argues that automation, far from being a sinister story of racist programmers scheming on the dark web, has the potential to hide, speed up, and deepen discrimination while appearing […]Ruha Benjamin
- Politics of Categorization: Race and Blood
- Football is for hope, for joy, for peace, and for … trafficking?
- Marketing Children: Overcoding Indigenous Children with Colonial Happiness in the Child Welfare System
- Radical Happiness: Moments of Collective Joy
- Sociologists should stop talking about social class
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.