- Effective workload management in child welfare: Understanding the relationship between caseload and workload
- Contesting Digital Futures: Urban Politics, Alternative Economies, and the Movement for Technological Sovereignty in Barcelona
- From Praha to Prague: Czechs in an Oklahoma Farm Town, by Philip D. Smith, Norman: University of Oklahoma Press, 2017. 200 pp. $21.95 (paper). ISBN: 978‐0‐8061‐5746‐7.
- Beans: A History, by Ken Albala, New York: Bloomsbury, 2017. 222 pp. $24.95 (paper). ISBN: 978‐1‐350‐02227‐0.
- Issue Information
- Rural and Small Town Residents and the Rural Mystique: Data from Texas
- The Spatial Distribution of Poverty and the Long Reach of the Industrial Makeup of Places: New Evidence on Spatial and Temporal Regimes
- The Motivations for Food Exchanges in the Lives of Rural Older Adults
- Jerusalem: The Spatial Politics of a Divided MetropolisJerusalem has for centuries been known as the spiritual center for the three largest monotheistic religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam. Yet Jerusalem’s other-worldly transcendence is far from the daily reality of Jerusalem, a city bombarded by conflict. The battle over who owns and controls Jerusalem is intensely disputed on a global basis. Few cities […]Anne B. Shlay, Gillad Rosen
- Population and Society: An IntroductionThis exciting new book presents the field of social demography, animating the study of population with a vibrant sociological imagination. Gregg Lee Carter provides multiple demonstrations of how taking a demographic perspective can give us a better understanding of social phenomena once thought to be largely the products of culture, politics, or the economy.Five […]Gregg Lee Carter
- American Democracy: From Tocqueville to Town Halls to TwitterIn this groundbreaking book, sociologist Andrew Perrin shows that rules and institutions, while important, are not the core of democracy. Instead, as Alexis de Tocqueville showed in the early years of the American republic, democracy is first and foremost a matter of culture: the shared ideas, practices, and technologies that help individuals combine into […]Andrew J. Perrin
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.