- Structural Anthropology ZeroThis volume of Lévi-Strauss's writings from 1941 to 1947 bears witness to a period of his work which is often overlooked but which was the crucible for the structural anthropology that he would go on to develop in the years that followed.Like many European Jewish intellectuals, Lévi-Strauss had sought refuge in New York while […]Claude Levi-Strauss, Ninon Vinsonneau (Translated by), Jonathan Magidoff (Translated by)
- The Populist Century: History, Theory, CritiquePopulism is an expression of anger; its appeal stems from being presented as the solution to disorder in our times. The vision of democracy, society, and the economy it offers is coherent and attractive.At a time when the words and slogans of the left have lost much of their power to inspire, Pierre Rosanvallon […]Pierre Rosanvallon, Catherine Porter (Translated by)
- Marx in Movement: Operaismo in ContextThis first volume in a new trilogy of books by Antonio Negri examines and develops the Italian tradition of radical Marxist thought known as operaismo or ‘autonomist Marxism’ – the tradition to which Negri himself adheres and in which he is a leading figure. The tradition of operaismo emphasizes the role of the worker in […]Antonio Negri, Ed Emery (Translated by)
- Can you hear me? Two researchers’ perspectives on children’s rights, participation and voice
- Young children at street protests
- Sociology Compass is Growing!
- LGBTQIA+ youth in out-of-home care: The rain and the rainbow
- Has the Pandemic Changed the Cities Forever? Everyday Urbanisms and Covid-19 from an Indian Context
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.