When I’m not busy working on my classwork, thesis or on Sociology Lens posts, I serve as the inaugural Managing Editor for the new American Sociological Association’s Section on Racial and Ethnic Minorities’ journal Sociology of Race and Ethnicity, published by Sage. In this capacity, I am responsible for the day-to-day functioning of the journal including author inquiries and managing our submission portal. Being in this position gives me an insider position to the black box of publishing a manuscript. First, I...
- The Sociology of Health and Illness, 4th EditionSarah Nettleton’s The Sociology of Health and Illness has become a cornerstone text, popular with students and academics alike for its rigorous and accessible overview of the field. Building on these strengths, the fourth edition integrates fresh insights from the current literature with the core tenets of traditional medical sociology, providing students with a thorough grounding in […]Sarah Nettleton
- Gender: In World Perspective, 4th EditionHow can we understand gender in the contemporary world? What psychological differences now exist between women and men? How are masculinities and femininities made? And how is gender entwined in global politics and debates over trans issues?Raewyn Connell – one of the world's leading scholars in the field – answers these questions and more. Her book […]Raewyn W. Connell
- The Disappearance of Rituals: A Topology of the PresentUntrammelled neoliberalism and the inexorable force of production have produced a 21st century crisis of community: a narcissistic cult of authenticity and mass turning-inward are among the pathologies engendered by it. We are individuals afloat in an atomised society, where the loss of the symbolic structures inherent in ritual behaviour has led to overdependence […]Byung-Chul Han, Daniel Steuer (Translator)
- Where are future generations in newspaper coverage of climate change?
- This Cannot Be White-washed
- Race and Racism in the NHS
- Is ADHD diagnosis flawed? Younger children in a school year group are more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD globally
- Body-worn cameras do not have clear or consistent effects on most officer or citizen behaviors, but more evaluation is needed.
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.