Welcome to the first day of the 2009 Compass Interdisciplinary Virtual Conference. Regenia Gagnier (University of Exeter) opened the conference by asking: ‘Why Interdisciplinarity?’ As part of her introductory remarks, Professor Gagnier discusses the definitions of Interdisciplinarity, as well as outlining some of the benefits of interdisciplinary research and praxis. Roger Griffin’s (Oxford Brookes University) keynote paper: ‘The Rainbow Bridge’: Reflections on Interdisciplinarity in the Cybernetic Age’ highlights the opportunities offered by the novel concept of a virtual conference. By...
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Can we play to address violence? Feeling vulnerable while free (at school) with LOVE
- Growing up in the shadow of domestic violence: impacts upon children & cost to society
- Diversity & Inclusion Research: Unveiling and Promoting Diversity, Inclusion, and Access
- ‘Doing family’ in adversity: exploring children’s and families’ experiences of alternative care in Thailand.
- Introducing a New Journal: Diversity & Inclusion Research
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.