by Feistyle Since 1991 Berkley have conducted interviews with their faculty. The 31 videos are an archive of notable and fascinating thinkers in Sociology. These videos have been collected into the film Public Sociologies at Berkley. See more Barrie Thorne on Year Round Schools and the Politics of Time
- Kracauer: A BiographySiegfried Kracauer was one of the most important German thinkers of the twentieth century. His writings on Weimar culture, mass society, photography and film were groundbreaking and they anticipated many of the themes later developed members of the Frankfurt School and other cultural theorists. No less remarkable were the circumstances under which he made […]Jorg Spater, Daniel Steuer (Translated by)
- The Sociological Interpretation of DreamsFor Freud, dreams were the royal road to the unconscious: through the process of interpretation, the manifest and sometimes bewildering content of dreams can be traced back to the unconscious representations underlying it. But can we understand dreams in another way by considering how the unconscious is structured by our social experiences? This is hypothesis […]Bernard Lahire, Helen Morrison (Translator)
- Bauman: A BiographyGlobal thinker, public intellectual and world-famous theorist of ‘liquid modernity’, Zygmunt Bauman (1925-2017) was a scholar who, despite forced migration, built a very successful academic career and, after retirement, became a prolific and popular writer and an intellectual talisman for young people everywhere. He was one of those rare scholars who, grey-haired and in […]Izabela Wagner
- Body-worn cameras do not have clear or consistent effects on most officer or citizen behaviors, but more evaluation is needed.
- Populism, policy and pandemics
- Doctors’ Orders – Sociology Lens Q&A
- WHAT DOES BAKING TELL US ABOUT CLASS DURING COVID-19 IN INDIA?
- Stigma in a Polarized Society: The Case of Trump’s Family Separation Policy.
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.