One of our readers responded to my previous article on the construction of rapists vs normal men in the media and the related issue of how to best respond to popular assertion that guns could play an effective role in women’s self-defense against rape. While agreeing with my overall analysis, she is looking for argumentative tools of how to counter ‘pro gun for self-defense against rape’ style arguments. Her question comes down to this: “The ‘change the society’ rhetoric makes...
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- ‘Doing family’ in adversity: exploring children’s and families’ experiences of alternative care in Thailand.
- Introducing a New Journal: Diversity & Inclusion Research
- Can young children give or withhold consent to heart surgery? Obstacles to innovative research
- How to make sense of the debate on “study drugs”?
- Earthquakes in Turkey: reflections from past experience
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.