[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/109573972[/vimeo] It’s all over my newsfeed: Little girls swearing up a storm in the name of feminism. On Tuesday, October 21st, tee-shirt company FCKH8 released the newest online video sensation, “F-Bombs for Feminism: Potty Mouthed Princesses Use Bad Word for Good Cause.” The video features five six to thirteen year old girls, dressed as princesses, dropping the f-bomb left and right, interspersed with factual information about women’s inequality including the pay gap and sexual assault. Not surprisingly, the video has...
- The Social Causes of Health and DiseaseThis stimulating book has become a go-to text for understanding the role that social factors play in the experience of health and many diseases. This extensively revised and updated third edition offers the most compelling case yet that stress, poverty, unhealthy lifestyles, and unpleasant living and work conditions can all be directly associated with illness. The […]William C. Cockerham
- Sociology of the Arts: Exploring Fine and Popular Forms, 2nd EditionExplains the key concepts, theories, and studies in the sociology of the artsthe fully updated new edition of the classic textbook Sociology of the Arts is a comprehensive yet accessible review of sociological approaches to studying the fine, popular, and folk arts. Integrating scholarly literature, theoretical models, and empirical studies, this authoritative textbook provides balanced coverage of a broad range of essential topicsenabling a […]Victoria D. Alexander
- The New Latin AmericaLatin America has experienced a profound transformation in the first two decades of the 21st century: it has been fully incorporated into the global economy, while excluding regions and populations devalued by the logic of capitalism. Technological modernization has gone hand-in-hand with the reshaping of old identities and the emergence of new ones. The transformation […]Fernando Calderon, Manuel Castells, Ramsey McGlazer (Translator)
- This Cannot Be White-washed
- Race and Racism in the NHS
- Is ADHD diagnosis flawed? Younger children in a school year group are more likely to be diagnosed with ADHD globally
- Body-worn cameras do not have clear or consistent effects on most officer or citizen behaviors, but more evaluation is needed.
- Populism, policy and pandemics
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.