by theoryforthemasses The killing of a young black man in Paris, Texas last September reignited racial tensions in the community, tensions which federal mediators have recently been dispatched to resolve. The victim, Brandon McClelland, was run over and dragged by a pickup truck driven by two white men with whom McClelland was friends. Despite this reported friendship, some community members remain suspicious. Paris has a longstanding history of racial violence and conflict, and the killing is reminiscent of the James...
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.
- Discussing the ‘obsession’ with childhood disorder labelling
- You are what you swallow? Considering the moral implications of psychiatric diagnosis for children
- Empowerment in Action: How Women’s Choices Safeguard Food Security in Uganda
- Neurodiversity and Queer Phenomenology: Reflections from Life-Writings
- Can we play to address violence? Feeling vulnerable while free (at school) with LOVE
Subscribe to our alerts
Energy colonialism and the role of the global in local responses to new energy infrastructures in the UK
Video abstract for the paper by Susana Batel and Patrick Devine-Wright (University of Exeter) Read the paper here.